1. Baby potatos- 12
2. Yogurt- 2 Cups, beaten
3. Whole Garam masala consisting of- 2 Bay leaves, 4 cloves, 2 big cardamons, 2 small cardamons, 2 small pieces of Cinnamon
4. Shahi jeera- 1 Tsp
5. Dry Ginger Powder- 1/4 Tsp
6. Fennel( Saunf) Powder- 2 Tsp
7. Red Chili Powder- 1/2 to 1 Tsp( depending on how hot it is)
8. Garam Masala- 1 Tsp
9. Turmeric Powder- 1/4 Tsp
10. Salt- to taste
11. Oil- For deep frying the potatoes
Boil the potatoes with the skin in salted water( the skin starts butsting off the potatoes when they are done). Peel the skin. Prick each potato well with a toothpick or a small fork. Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes till they are light, and turn golden brown. Take a small cup of water, add the powder ingredients and make a paste. Take a thick bottomed pan. Add 2 to 3 Tbsp of the hot oil from the kadai, and lower the flame. Add the shahi jeera, and the whole garam masala. When it is done, add the masala paste. The masala should not burn. When the oil starts floating on top, add the yogurt and mix well. Add the salt. Add a little water to the gravy, if it gets too thick. Add the potatoes. Cover the pan and simmer for a few minutes. Serve hot with rice or any kind of roti.
Tip- The yogurt sometimes breaks when added to the hot masala. Beat the yogurt to a smooth paste, and lower the heat while adding the yogurt, and stir fast.