‘Tabbouleh’ is a well known Middle Eastern salad that is generally made using Bulgar wheat, parsley and mint. My version of this salad is made from cooked Quinoa, which give it a crunchy texture and is full of proteins. I also added a few more ingredients to make this salad, a satisfying meal in itself.
1. Quinoa grains, either white or red- 1/2 Cup
2. Finely chopped mint- 1/4 cup
3. Finely chopped Parsley-1/2 cup
4. Finely chopped spring onions- 4 sprigs
5. Cucumber- 1 small Kirby chopped
6. Tomato- 1 chopped
7. Red Capsicum- 1/2- Chopped
8. Carrot- 1, peeled and grated
7. Lemon Juice- 1 Tbsp
8. Walnuts- 1/4 cup, toasted
9. Salt- To taste
Rinse the quinoa well and cook in 1 cup of water with a little salt. Cool the cooked Quinoa well before mixing all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate the salad for a while before serving.