It is sometimes nice when husbands and wives have an argument after a really long time, because they get a chance to make up in their own special way. Something like that happened at our place last evening. My Husband Hari made the the most amazing Banana Bread I have ever tasted. It was a revelation even to me, because he was baking after years and did not even ask for my help. The whole house was filled with the aroma of cardamom and bananas, a feeling that is difficult to explain. The taste is simply heavenly the next day and the bread is so moist, it is simply wonderful
I had to coax the recipe out of him, as he was a bit reluctant to share his secret:)
- 4 Super ripe Bananas- Mashed really well
- All purpose Flour/ Maida- 3/4 Cup
- Whole wheat flour- 3/4 Cup
- Baking Soda- 1 Tsp
- Brown Sugar- 3/4 Cup
- Walnuts – 1/2 Cup Broken
- Cardamom- 6 pods powdered
- Milk- 1/2 Cup
- Curds- 2 TBSP
- Oil- 1/4 cup( Use a refined oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sieve together both the Flours with baking soda, a couple of times.
- Mix the Bananas, cardamom and the brown sugar in a mixer or food processor.
- Add the milk and curds to the Banana mixture and run the food processor once again.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and add the oil. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and fold into the wet mix to make a batter.
- Fold in the Walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to a 8X4 Loaf tin, lined with Parchment, or oiled well.
- Bake it for 40-45 minutes, checking a couple of times, till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the loaf tin and cool on a rack for about an hour. Store in an airtight container.
- The flavors develop with time, so it tastes best served the next day.
Serve with lots of love, a smile and a cup of hot Coffee.