So, what do you do when you have a Sugar craving at 9.00PM and there is nothing in the pantry that will make you happy? Make some Peanut brittle and go to bed fully satisfied!! Also, there is less guilt for not diving into the Ice cream from the refrigerator. Brittle is the easiest thing to make, yet the ones we get in stores here just suck.
- Peanuts- 1 cup, Roasted and skinned. Powdered coarsely in a Food processor.
- Sugar- 3/4 Cup- Powdered
- Ghee or Butter- 2 Tsp
- Cardamom Pods- 2-3, powdered with the sugar
- Heat the Ghee in a thick pan on a medium flame and add the sugar-cardamom powder. Keep stirring continuously until the sugar melts and completely becomes a liquid. If the sugar starts clumping, add a couple of teaspoons of water and just slightly increase the flame. Be very careful not to burn the sugar. Turn off heat as soon as the sugar liquefies.
- Add the Peanut powder and mix well.
- Spread immediately on a well-greased plate or some parchment paper with a greased rolling pin. Cut into pieces immediately, before the mixture cools.
Scrape off the remaining mixture from the pan and preview the taste, giving time for the brittle pieces to cool completely before you can enjoy them. Store in a cool dry place to prevent the sugar from melting and becoming sticky.