This is a super easy recipe that can be made in a jiffy if you have some left over fruits in the refrigerator. It also uses less sugar, making it less guilty to eat, but does not compromise on taste. I have slightly adapted this recipe from my favorite chef ” The Barefoot Contessa’s” Recipe for Fruit salad with Limoncello. She has used Limoncello, that is Lemon Liquor and Lemon curd in her recipe. I do not use Liquor in my cooking and I did not have Lemon curd at home, so I though orange would be a good substitute. It turned out great. It was a great success at a small get together we had recently. So hoping my readers will enjoy it also. The only trick it to use oranges that are very sweet, and yogurt that has not started getting sour.
- Mixed fresh fruit, peeled and cubed approximately 4 cups- Apples, bananas, papaya, persimmons, oranges, grapes, berries, peaches or any other seasonal fruit available.
- Dry Fruits 1/2 cup- Raisins, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts
- Sweet strained yogurt or Greek yogurt- 2 cups, make sure the yogurt is not even a little sour
- Honey- 2 TBSP
- Orange rind- From 1 orange
- Fresh orange juice from 1 orange
- Sugar- 1/4 Cup
Mix the yogurt, honey, sugar, orange juice and orange rind and stir well. Mix all the fruits together and drizzle some of the yogurt mixture over the fruits. Top with the chopped dry fruits and serve chilled.