This is a very colorful, healthy, wholesome Salad. Its great for a light Summer lunch or as simple picnic food. A handful of cooked Chickpeas or roasted Peanuts can also be added to give it a nice crunch.
- 1 Cup Quinoa, cooked according to instructions
- Grape Tomatoes- about 10, halved
- 2 small Persian cucumbers- diced
- 1 Avocado- diced
- 1 Carrot- Peeled and shredded
- Any nuts like Pecans or Walnuts or Peanuts
- Mint- small bunch, chiffonade
- Flat leaf Parsley- small bunch, chopped
- Scallions- Chopped, about 5
For the Cilantro Lime dressing:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Onion, chopped really fine
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey/ Maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Powder- 1 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder- 1/4 Tsp( Or to taste)
The Cilantro dressing can be used as needed and stored in the refrigerator to use with any green salad.
Mix the cooked Quinoa with all the chopped vegetables and fresh herbs. Mix in the Cilantro- Lime dressing as needed. Put in the refrigerator for an hour for all the flavors to get absorbed in the Quinoa. Serve cold.